Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Taylor's 3rd Birthday

Last Friday (September 26th) was Taylor's 3rd Birthday. I still can't believe that my little girl is 3! It is remarkable how the time has flown by these last three years, so bittersweet. We continued our tradition of Chad staying home from work to help celebrate the big day and of course it started at breakfast. Taylor decided she wanted pancakes for her birthday breakfast, and while not a big fan, I chose to have some as well.

Next stop: the "round-n-round slide." AKA Cascade View Elementary's Kindergarten play area. We spend a lot of time here. Instead of the bark at all of the other playgrounds, this has a great rubber pad so no slivers! Plus, is completely fenced off. There is a corkscrew style slide there (which is Tay's favorite) hence the nickname. She loves this park. She asks to go every day and has yet to understand that we can't always go because school is in session.

Where to next? Chuck-E-Cheese's! Chad and I had a ton of errands to run to get ready for the party on Sunday, so once in Lynnwood, we headed to CEC. I have only been once, and I was a kid, but this was Chad's first trip. Both Taylor and Jack were hysterical! I don't know who had more fun. Jack loved to hop on the rides, but had a blast playing the arcade games. I think his favorite was the water gun race (where he beat Taylor by a landslide). Sadly, we hadn't plan to go there and didn't bring the camera. Bummer. I would imagine we will hit the Bellevue location soon for a bad weather outing.

Nothing exciting on Saturday, just more prepping for the party. The kids were so pooped out from the day prior we figured we should let them rest.

No comments: